How to Repair my Furnace?
Is your furnace old, but you don't have the funds to replace it just yet? Here are a few quick maintenance tips to extend the life of your old furnace:
- During the heating season, check the smoke as well as the inside of the furnace. If the smoke is black and the equipment seems blackened, the furnace is not burning the oil completely and fuel is being wasted.
- If you have the proper cleaning supplies, we'd recommend cleaning the blower at the start of the the season and midway through. (Depending on the type of winter you face)
- Clean soot from the stack control in the middle of the heating season.
- Regarding the blower motor, we recommend lubricating the fittings midway through the heating season with 1 cup grease or 10-weight non-detergent motor oil (not all-purpose oil).
- Lastly, it is best to clean the thermostat before heating season.
If your furnace still appears sluggish after these steps, you still have a few cost effective options:
- Call Triple-O for a Furnace Cleaning or fill out form here.
- Discuss financing a new high-efficiency furnace through Synchrony.
- Set-up a Preventative Maintenance plan for your home or business to continue proper care for your equipment - regardless of age!
As always, here at Triple-O we never sell you something that you don't need. We are happy to help discuss the best option for you and your family heading into the holiday season.